Since Fitbit does not integrate with Apple Health or Google Fit, Sharecare syncs directly to Fitbit to supports the most common Fitbit devices. To enable this feature, go to the Track section and select Settings (gear icon) then connect to Fitbit as a source and choose a tracker(s) to automatically track from the list. Once the tracker is selected you will see an indicator showing tracking enabled. You are responsible for setting up the connection to Fitbit using your Fitbit credentials. If the Fitbit device isn’t synced, we are not able to receive the data in the Sharecare app.
Articles in this section
- How do I connect my Fitbit?
- How do I automatically track my steps using my mobile device?
- What if I have a Fitbit?
- Can I sync tracker data using a device and manually enter data on the same day?
- I connected via Fitbit, why does my device display a different number than Sharecare?
- Do you sync with Samsung devices?
- What if I have a Garmin device?
- Why do I have to open the app every day to track?
- Why don’t you remind me to track?
- If I reported that I don’t smoke, why does smoking appear?